Think the grill is just for meat? Give these grilled veggie tostadas a chance to break the mold when it comes to barbecue food. Use a large piece of foil folded in half to form a basket for the veggies for easy cleanup.
Top tostadas with your favorite taco toppings such as homemade guacamole, pico de gallo, and sour cream.
Grilled Veggie Tostadas
- 3 medium zucchinis
- 1 lb portobello mushroom cap
- 1/2 bunch scallion
- 6 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- coarse sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 12 sprouted corn tortillas
- 3 c salsa
- 4 oz feta cheese
- Cut zucchinis diagonally into 1/2 inch slices. Remove stems from portobello caps. Remove the bulb and outer layer from the scallions and cut into quarters.
- On the grill, cook veggies in batches so as not to overcrowd the grill. Cook veggies, turning once, until they are browned and tender. Or, in the oven, place the zucchini, portobellos, and scallions on a baking sheet. Douse with 2/3 of the olive oil and season generously with sea salt and ground pepper. Roast until veggies begin to soften.
- Slice cooked portobellos into strips; chop scallions into 1 inch pieces. Set all the veggies aside.
- Brush tortillas with olive oil and heat on grill or in a large pan until nice and crispy. Remove from heat, top with grilled/roasted veggies, salsa, and scallions. Crumble feta cheese on top, and serve immediately.