Looking for brunch inspiration? This Cauliflower Cheese Pie is creamy, smooth and delicate. Bonus – it works for a variety of diets by adjusting the quiche crust to fit your needs (if traditional doesn’t work for you, try sweet potato).
Cauliflower Cheese Pie
- 5.0 stars
- 1/2 c cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 lb cauliflower
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. herbs de provence
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tbsp. sundried tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp. coarse sea salt
- 1/2 c organic white flour, plus more to roll out dough
- 1 1/4 c sprouted wheat flour
- 1/2 c butter, softened
- 1/2 c yogurt
- 8 oz cheddar cheese
- Prepare quiche crust ahead of time. First, cream yogurt with butter.
- Blend in flours and sea salt. Cover and leave in a warm place for 12-24 hours.
- Sprinkle counter with unbleached white flour and roll out dough to a thin 1/4 inch – enough to line the bottoms and sides of a shallow pie pan.
- Prick well with a fork and place empty crust in a cold oven. Bake at 350F for 20-30 minutes.
- Your crust is now pre-baked and ready for filling
- Chop the onion and mince the garlic.
- Sauté the chopped onion, sundried tomatoes, garlic, salt, pepper, and herbs. Sauté for a few minutes until the onions start to soften.
- Break the cauliflower into smaller pieces and add the cauliflower. Cook covered until tender.
- Sprinkle half the cheese onto the prepared crust. Top with cooked veggies and the rest of the cheese.
- Beat the eggs and cream together and pour this over the top.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until the egg mixture is set.