Unctuous. Juicy. Tender. Beef that falls apart when you spoon it out. Slow cooker shredded beef stores well — five days max — and its flavor improves with time. Which makes it perfect for leftovers.
If you’re unsure about what to do with your shredded beef, it’s the sort of thing you want to stuff into tacos and sprinkle with lime juice and cilantro. You could serve it in a ragu or a chili . Or in a barbacoa bowl with avocado and green onions on top of cauliflower rice. Maybe pack it into some loaded sweet potatoes . Endless possibilities, extreme satisfaction, and minimal effort.
In case you didn’t know, you can overcook beef in the slow cooker. When you make slow cooker shredded beef, set your timer. Then get ready for days of good eating.
Use this same method for cooking up a hunk of pork or even lamb to have an easy protein prepped for easy meal plans all week!
Slow Cooker Shredded Beef (or Pork!)
- 1.0 stars
- 2 lb beef roast
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/3 c cilantro
- 1 lime
- 1/3 c apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 c chicken stock, or water
- 1/3 c extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. peppercorns
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. coarse sea salt
- Mince garlic and cilantro. Juice lime.
- Combine all ingredients well.
- Marinate meat for at least 4 hours, but up to 48 hours.
- Add all the ingredients in the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours until meat pulls apart easily with a fork.