Falling off the bone. Tender. And all the deep, sweet flavors of proper BBQ chicken. This is one you’re going to want to put on repeat because it’s super easy to make and straight-up heavenly to eat.
Serve in lettuce cups alongside thin slices of avocado. Or sprinkle with cilantro and wrap in Yuca Plantain Flatbread (AIP) .
- 5.0 stars
- 6h 10m
- 1/2 head garlic
- 1/2 onion
- 1 c chicken stock
- 1/2 c apple cider vinegar
- 2/3 c molasses
- 1 pinch ground allspice
- 2 tsp. celery salt
- 1 c tomato paste
- 1/4 c Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. horseradish
- 1 whole chicken, parted
- Preheat slow cooker to high.
- Mince the garlic and finely dice the onion.
- Combine all ingredients except for chicken in slow cooker and mix well.
- Part the chicken. Remove and discard skin.
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker and turn to low, spooning sauce atop chicken to coat.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until the chicken is very tender.
- With a slotted spoon transfer chicken to a serving dish, remove bones and discard.
- Spoon sauce (you may not use it all) over chicken and serve. Save extra sauce to use as a tasty condiment.