Let’s be honest – even when eating clean, sometimes you just need a treat (but without all the guilt!). These almond boys have yummy dates filled with satisfying fats to not only curb the cravings but also keep you full until the next meal. Plus, show up to your next gathering with these tasty morsels and you’ll be the popular kid at the party.
Here’s a great tip about storing coconut oil – use an ice cube tray and scoop 1-2 tablespoons into each well. Place in the freezer to harden, then remove and store in a container in the refrigerator. You can then easily measure the amount you need for any recipe and if the coconut oil needs to soften, it’s a much faster process.
- 5.0 stars
- 12 tbsp. coconut oil, not melted
- 12 large Medjool date
- 6 tsp. chocolate chips
- 12 crunchy almonds
- If your coconut oil is melted to liquid, place in the freezer for a few minutes until it is firm (but not rock hard).
- Split open and pit the dates.
- Place a half teaspoon of chocolate chips in each date.
- Smother the top with coconut oil.
- Place and almond on top and press down lightly, and enjoy.