This spinach mint salad isn’t just full of plant power. It also feels good to eat.
And by feel, we mean the nutty taste of toasted almonds. That lifting, herbaceous aroma of fresh mint leaves tossed with baby spinach leaves. All simply dressed in honey, lemon, and olive oil.
Mint has a knack for pairing wonderfully with lamb – possibly our Slow Cooked Greek Lamb Roast and a side of cauliflower rice.
Spinach Mint Salad with Almonds
- 2 tbsp. mint leaves
- 1/4 c sliced almonds
- 1 lemon
- 8 oz baby spinach
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp. honey
- Chop the mint leaves finely. Toast the almonds, if not already toasted. Juice the lemon.
- Combine the spinach leaves and almonds.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together mint, olive oil, honey and lemon juice.
- Drizzle dressing over spinach and almonds, and toss gently.
- Serve immediately.