Quick and delicious, this southwestern chili is the perfect example of a real food twist on favorite comfort foods. The addition of beans and corn (if your gut tolerates them) along with a half pound of beef rather than a whole pound makes an affordable meal that saves food dollars.
If you want to add another layer of nutrient density, cook your black beans in .
- 4.4 stars
- 1/2 onion
- 1 1/2 c cooked black beans
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 c frozen corn
- 14 oz tomato sauce
- 14 oz diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- Dice onion. Drain and rinse beans, if necessary.
- Brown ground beef and onions in a large pot over medium heat.
- Once ground beef is cooked through, stir in remaining ingredients. Let cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Season with extra salt and pepper, as needed. Serve and enjoy!