Need a gluten free, dairy free breakfast to feed a crowd? Look no further. This kale and sundried tomato frittata is delicate enough for brunch and yet filling enough to serve for dinner. Plus, it’s Whole30 compliant (be sure to check the ingredients on your tomatoes).
Want to kick it up a notch? Add in a tablespoon of homemade sriracha or even some sautéed mushrooms.
Kale and Sundried Tomato Frittata
- 4 c kale leaves
- 1/2 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 c sundried tomatoes
- 10 eggs
- 1/4 c filtered water
- 1 1/2 tsp. coarse sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400F. Rinse kale and remove stems. Finely chop kale and onion. Mince garlic and chives. Chop sun dried tomatoes.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, filtered water, salt, and pepper; set aside.
- Over medium heat, sauté onion in olive oil in a cast iron or other oven-proof pan until translucent. Add garlic and cook another minute. Add kale and cook until just wilted and bright green in color. Spread kale mixture evenly on the bottom of the pan. Evenly distribute sun dried tomatoes over the top.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over spinach, onions, and sun dried tomatoes.
- Place the whole pan in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes until the frittata is nice and golden and the eggs are set.
- Carefully remove the pan from the oven. Let the frittata cool for several minutes before slicing and serving.