With these long summer days, we take every chance to cook outside. And as it turns out, honey lime chicken and tomato skewers are the perfect excuse to fire up the grill. Imagine a little charred honey with the tart bite of tender chicken. Tomatoes that pop and gently melt in your mouth.
When grilling, keep an eye on your chicken. The honey lime marinade will turn brown and crispy. But like all sweet things, it will quickly blacken if left on a hot spot for too long.
Make sure you have a stack of Yuca Plantain Flatbread (AIP) ready to go. You might want to throw them on the grill too – they’re the perfect vessel for your honey lime chicken and tomatoes.
Honey Lime Chicken and Tomato Skewers
- 3h 10m
- 3h 30m
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp. cilantro
- 1 1/2 lime
- 1/4 c coconut aminos
- 3 tbsp. raw honey
- 1 1/2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. sriracha sauce, optional
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 1/2 lb skinless boneless chicken breast
- 1 pt cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- Mince the garlic and cilantro. Juice the lime.
- Combine all ingredients (except for the chicken and avocado) in a shallow dish and mix thoroughly.
- Cut up chicken breasts into one inch cubes and place in a single layer in the marinade for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.
- Soak wooden skewers in bowl of water for 10 minutes.
- Skewer chicken together and cherry tomatoes on separate skewers. Slice avocado
- Grill on high heat for 6-8 minutes each side. If the grill is not an option, preheat oven to 350F, and bake on a jelly sheet for about 15-20 minutes (or until cooked through).
- Serve with sliced avocado.