Sweet potato fries deliver the sort of magical bite that’s simultaneously sweet, salty, and crunchy. If you want a crisp, slightly caramelized exterior on your fries — have patience and let them bake for the full thirty minutes.
Orange sweet potatoes have a higher water content than the starchier varieties with a white or purple flesh. They’re also sweeter. This means that when baked, your sweet potato fries will taste rich and creamy. A sprinkle of fresh parsley and a hit of just-cooked garlic makes all things right in the world.
You may want to enjoy your fries with a dab of homemade sriracha . Just sayin!
Garlic Sweet Potato Fries
- 2.0 stars
- 3 1/2 lb sweet potatoes
- 1/4 c coconut oil, or ghee
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 10 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350F. Peel and cut sweet potatoes into 1/4 inch thick fries; place in a large bowl.
- Melt half the coconut oil or ghee and toss with sweet potatoes. Mix together the garlic powder, black pepper and paprika and toss with the fries to coat.
- Bake sweet potato fries on a cookie sheet lined with silpat or parchment paper for 30 min or until fully cooked and starting to turn slightly brown.
- Mince garlic and parsley.
- Saute minced fresh garlic in the remaining coconut oil or ghee on med low heat until garlic is fragrant but NOT browned.Turn off the heat and stir in the fresh parsley.
- Toss the baked fries in the coconut oil or ghee, along with garlic and parsley and serve.