Good doesn’t have to be complicated. Or translate into hours at the stove. Take sweet garlic chicken, for example.
Ten minutes to prepare. Twenty minutes for the oven to work its magic. And tadaa! You’ve got dinner on the table.
With plenty of garlic, a touch of sea salt, and a natural sugar called sucanat – even the pickiest eater will devour your dinner that’s so “clean eating” that it’s compliant for the autoimmune protocol diet.
What’s more, this easy dish becomes a quick protein that you can grab later when time is short.
Sweet Garlic Chicken
- 6 cloves garlic
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 tsp. coarse sea salt
- 4 tbsp. sucanat
- Preheat oven to 450F. Mince garlic.
- Place chicken breasts in baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle both sides with salt.
- In a saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic. Cook about 2 minutes. Turn off the heat and add the sucanat, stirring until combined. Spread the topping mixture evenly over each chicken piece on the side that is facing up.
- Bake chicken for 15-20 minutes. Remove and serve.