This maple chicken breakfast sausage is AIP compliant and even better, is a perfect grab and go breakfast. Cook up a batch for the week ahead and you won’t have to worry about breakfast all week.
When following an AIP diet, sausage can be a real challenge in recipes. Store-bought sausage invariably includes nightshade spices such as chili powder and paprika or seeds such as fennel and cumin. Use this recipe to make your own sausage – just mix and leave uncooked. Then, you’ll have an easy substitute for any recipe needing sausage.
Maple Chicken Breakfast Sausage (AIP)
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 tsp. coarse sea salt
- 1 tsp. dried sage
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil, or bacon fat
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground chicken, maple syrup, salt, sage, parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, cinnamon, and cloves.
- Mix until all ingredients are well-incorporated.
- Form into patties.
- Melt coconut oil or bacon fat in a skillet over medium heat until shimmering.
- In small batches, cook until browned on both sides and cooked all the way through. Serve.