These coconut chicken nuggets will take you back. Way back. Maybe to TV dinners, a local drive-thru, or eating lunch on the schoolyard.
But now that you’re all grown up, you can make you own nuggets and use quality ingredients that you love. Like shredded coconut for just the right amount of crunch. Coated in a blend of coconut flour, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper. Perfect for homemade ranch dressing.
What are you waiting for? Grab a handful and slide each one through puddle of tangy ranch dressing. Dip until your heart feels full. And maybe follow with these paleo Banana Choco-Nut Bars .
Coconut Chicken Nuggets
- 3/4 c coconut flour
- 1/3 c shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. coarse sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 lb chicken breasts
- 2 eggs
- 6 tbsp. coconut oil
- ranch dressing, or homemade dairy free ranch dressing
- In a large mixing bowl, add all of the ingredients except for the chicken, eggs, coconut oil, and ranch dressing. Set aside.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces and mix in a bowl with the beaten eggs.
- Add the eggy chicken to the large mixing bowl and stir to completely coat the chicken in the flour mixture.
- In a large sauce pan on medium high heat add about 1/2 of the coconut oil. When the oil is hot and shimmering, add chicken in small batches.
- Use tongs to turn the chicken pieces until all sides are brown. Remove chicken to a warm plate in the oven while you finish frying, adding more oil as needed.
- Serve chicken with ranch dressing for dipping.