We have made that easy for you. You can create leftovers from recipes already planned for the week or you can have the meal planner automatically schedule recipes for you.
Schedule a leftover one time using drag and drop
To schedule a leftover one time using a recipe that is already scheduled on the meal plan:
- ClickPlannerin the upper left corner
- Click on the recipe that you want to use for leftovers
- Drag it to the meal slot when you want to eat the leftovers
- Select that you want to addleftovers
- The recipe will now appear in both meal slots
- The leftover is indicated by the stacked containers icon
- The number of servings that you will need to cook is automatically reflected in the initial recipe. For example, if you normally cook for 2 and use that recipe for leftovers, the recipe will automatically reflect 4 servings.
Schedule a leftover once using the … menu
- Open yourPlanner
- Click the…in the meal time for which you want the leftover to be scheduled
- Select Add leftover
- In the window that opens, check the box next to the recipe that you want to use leftovers from
- Click Add Leftovers
Schedule automatic leftovers
The meal planner can also incorporate leftovers into your meal plan automatically based on your settings.
- Click thegear iconin the upper right corner of the website (this is where you access your Settings)
- SelectMy Meal PlanorWhole30 Meal Plan
- This opens theDiet and Schedulepage where you can specify dietary restrictions as well as make adjustments to your schedule.
- To make changes to the diet or schedule, click on theDetailpage
- Check the box next toDo you want enough for leftovers?
- Select the appropriate number forHow many extra leftover portions would you like to make?
- This is the number of extra portions of each recipe that you want to make
- For example, if you normally cook for 4 and would like to have 2 extra portions of a meal leftover so you can have this for lunch the next day, you would select 2 here.
- Select the appropriate number forOver how many meals do you want to spread these leftovers
- This is how many meals each dinner recipe will be used for a leftover
- For example, if you select 1, each dinner will be used as a leftover one time. But if you select 2, each dinner will be used as a leftover two times during the week.
- Click Save
- Click Update my plan
For a detailed description of how to set up leftovers in your basic settings, click here.
If you need assistance, please send us an email at support(at)realplans.com.