When you set up your meal plan, you initially select thedefault number of servingsthat you want to cook for each meal. Sometimes, though, you may need more flexibility during the week. This article explainsthe different ways you can adjust the number of servings in your planner to reflect your needs.
If you are using the mobile app, you will follow the steps below.If you are using the website, clickhere.
Change the number of servings you want to cook one time
- Open yourMeal Planner
- Click on the recipe for which you would like to adjust the number of servings you want to cook
- Scroll to the Ingredients section, where you will seeCook for, with the current number of servings
- Use the +/- to increase or decrease to the desired number
- This will adjust the number of ingredients accordingly on the recipe card as well as the shopping list
- There are certain recipes, like baked goods and quiches, that do not scale well. Consequently, you cannot adjust the number of servings that the recipe will make. However, if you need to make more than one batch of one of these recipes, you can use the +/- to increase or decrease to the desired number of batches you would like to make
- Click on the down arrow in the upper left corner to go back to your Meal Planner to close the recipe card
Change the number of servings you want to cook for the same meal every week
If you are using calendar meal planning, you can adjust the number of servings you want to make for each specific meal time. For example, if you normally cook dinner for 4 but only cook for 2 for lunch, you can change theCook for number to reflect the number of servings you need for each lunch.
- Click thegear icon(this is where you access your settings)
- SelectMeal PlanorWhole30 Meal Plan
- Click Diet and Schedule
- ClickCustomized scheduling
- Click Add filternext to the meal for which you would like to adjust the servings
- Adjust theOverride servings for this mealfilter
- If you selected that you want leftovers on the Diet and Schedule page, this will be reflected automatically in your filters.
- Click Confirm Filters
- Once you have made all of the changes on your Customized Scheduling page, clickSave and continue
Confirm your changes
Update my plan
- Applies your changes to the current week and future weeks
- This removes all of the recipes on your meal plan, including the current week, and schedules all new recipes using your new settings
Update my future plan
- Applies your changes on the following week’s meal plan
- The current week will not change
- This option is not available for Whole30 meal plans
- Update my plan
Pro Tip:making changes on this page will reset your menu. Be sure to make the changes before you have shopped for the week.
If you need assistance, please send us an email at support(at)realplans.com.