Once you’ve customized your diet settings, you are now ready to customize your weekly schedule and craft your perfect meal plan.
If you are using the website, you will follow the steps below.If you are using themobile app, pleaseclickhere.
To customize yourSchedule(all diet types except Whole30*):
- Click thegear iconin the upper right corner of the website (this is where you access your Settings)
- Select My Meal Plan
- This opens the Diet and Schedule page where you can specify dietary restrictions as well as make adjustments to your schedule.
- View the Summary page for an overview of your current settings
- Click on Detail to make changes
- Note:When macro-driven meal plans are toggled on, the options on the Diet and Schedule page will change as a recipe or leftover will be scheduled for every meal during the week
- For more information on how to set up macro-driven meal plans, click here
*If you are doing aWhole30 and you need help customizing your meal plan, visit ourHow to Set Up Your Whole30 Meal Plansupport page.
Set up your basic schedule
- On the Detail page, select how manydinnersyou will cook each week
- Use the slider to select the number of recipes that will be cooked for dinner during the week
- Check the box next toDo you want enough for leftovers?if you would like the meal plan to use leftovers for some of the meals
- Note: Leftovers will be scheduled during lunches and/or dinners based on the number of dinner recipes selected
- Select the appropriate number forHow many extra leftover portions would you like to make?
- This is the number of extra portions of each dinner recipe that you want to make
- Select the appropriate number forOver how many meals do you want to spread these leftovers
- This is how many meals each dinner recipe will be used for a leftover
- Select thetypes of mealsthat you want scheduled for lunches and breakfasts
- Selecthow many lunchesand breakfasts will be needed each week
- Click Save if you are done making changes.
A new meal plan will be created for you using these basic scheduling settings. However, sometimes you may decide you want a little more control over your schedule. If so, you can create a customized schedule to fit your needs.
Customize your schedule
If you want to customize the schedule for your meal plan further:
- Click on Customized Scheduling
- Note:Customizing a schedule will override all of the basic scheduling settings explained above
- Select the days you want a meal scheduled
- Toggle the meals you want scheduled to green
- Toggle the meals you don’t want scheduled to white
- Customize the schedule using filters
- Visit theAdvanced Filters support articlefor detailed information on how to set up filters to refine your meal planner
- Add notes
- Add any notes that you want repeated on a specific meal each week
- Click Save, which takes you back to the Diet and Schedule page.
- Click Save again at the bottom of the Diet and Schedule page to apply your changes.
Confirm your changes
- Update my plan
- Applies your changes to the current week and future weeks
- This removes all of the recipes on your meal plan, including the current week, and schedules all new recipes using your new settings
- Update my future plan
- Applies your changes on the following week’s meal plan
- The current week will not change
If you need assistance, please send us an email at support(at)realplans.com.