Breakfast on the go. A quick snack. A tasty post-dinner bite. Really, there are so many ways to love these cranberry orange muffins.
While not sweet on their own, cranberries are full of things that promote good health – like pectin, which feeds good-for-your-gut microbes. And polyphenols, which ward off the hallmarks of chronic disease. The addition of orange juice sweetens the deal (and the muffins) with natural sugar citrus notes.
Looking more quick breakfast ideas? Click here for an assortment of easy breakfast eats – some paleo, some gluten free, and some vegetarian.
Cranberry Orange Muffins
- 1 orange
- 6 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 1/2 c almond flour
- 1/4 c coconut flour
- 2 tbsp. coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. coarse sea salt
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 c raw honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 c whole cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Zest and juice orange. If your coconut oil is not liquid, melt it in a small saucepan and set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flours, baking soda, and salt.
- Make sure your liquid ingredients are at room temperature, or else coconut oil may harden. In a larger bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the honey, orange juice, coconut oil, vanilla, and zest.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Gently fold in cranberries.
- Pour into cupcake liners and bake for 25-30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve hot or store in the fridge or freezer.