Beef Pho with Zoodles (Paleo) – Instant Pot
For the broth
- coarse sea salt
- 8 zucchinis
- For the zucchini noodles:
- 2 tsp. coarse sea salt
- 1 tsp. coriander seeds
- 1 tsp. fennel seeds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 black cardamom pods
- 4 whole cloves
- 4 star anise
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce, plus more to taste
- 2 tsp. whole black peppercorns
- 2 tbsp. raw honey
- 3 pt beef stock, or chicken stock
- 6 cloves garlic
- 6 inches fresh ginger
- 1 onion
For the pho
- 8 oz london broil steak, (or other lean steak) frozen and partially thawed
- 4 scallions
- 1 carrot
- 1 jalapeño pepper, optional for heat
- 1/2 c fresh basil
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- 3 limes
- For the broth: Coarsely chop the onion. Cut the ginger in half and coarsely chop the garlic.
- In pressure cooker, add the broth, onion, ginger, garlic, honey, peppercorns, fish sauce, star anise, cloves, cardamom pod, cinnamon stick, fennel seeds, coriander seeds, and sea salt. Close lid and cook for 10 minutes.
- When done cooking, quick release pressure. Strain the broth and replace back into the pressure cooker to keep hot.
- For the pho: Slice partially thawed steak AGAINST the grain as thinly as possible; set aside. Slice scallions into long thin strips. Use a julienne tool or sharp knife to slice carrot into ribbons. Thinly slice jalapeno, if using. Chop basil.
- Divide the zoodles among the bowls. Place several slices of raw sliced beef and carrot and scallion ribbons on top. Pour hot beef broth into each bowl and serve immediately with lime wedges and optional sliced jalapenos.