Deconstructed egg rolls have all the flavors you’d expect, without the actual roll.
Fresh ginger, garlic, coconut aminos, and sesame oil bring together savory bits of pork and cabbage. If you want to invite more grain-free rolls to the party, try these Vietnamese Spring Rolls
Deconstructed Egg Rolls
- 1/2 head green cabbage
- 1 onion
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- 4 green onions
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 1/2 lb ground pork
- 1/2 c coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil
- coarse sea salt, to taste
- Shred cabbage. Dice onion. Mince garlic. Grate ginger. Slice green onions.
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet. Add onion and cook until it begins to soften. Add pork and break apart with a wooden spoon, cooking until it is no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine garlic, coconut aminos, ginger, and sesame oil; set aside.
- Once ground pork is cooked through, add cabbage to skillet and stir to combine.
- Pour sauce mixture into the skillet and stir, continuing to cook over medium heat for about 5-15 minutes or until cabbage is wilted.
- Season with salt, to taste. Serve topped with sliced green onions.