This keto coconut cashew granola has nutty, toasted bits of coconut along with roasted almonds, sesame seeds, and cashews. Sweetened with good ol’ fashioned applesauce and held together with cashew butter, we’ve added a splash of vanilla and a sprinkle of cinnamon for good measure.
If you’ve fallen hard for granola, you may want to take a peek at our AIP compliant coconut carrot granola .
Coconut Cashew Granola (Keto)
- 1 c sunflower seeds
- 1 c slivered almonds
- 1 c cashews
- 2 c coconut flakes
- 1/4 c cashew butter
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 c coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 250F.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine sunflower seeds, almonds, cashews, and dried coconut. Transfer two-thirds of this mixture to a food processor and pulse to a coarse crumb in your food processor (do not go past this or it will turn to butter). Return crumbed mixture to the bowl with the whole nuts, seeds, and coconut.
- Stir together cashew butter, vanilla, applesauce, and coconut oil until smooth.
- Pour the cashew butter mixture over the crumbed and whole dry ingredients and stir well to combine, ensuring everything is nicely coated. Spread mix over a baking paper lined tray and bake in the preheated oven for 45-75 minutes - depending on how thinly you've spread it. Break it up flip every 15-20 minutes so it dried evenly. You want the granola to be golden, but not overcooked.
- Cool completely on the tray and then store in an air-tight container.