Easy. Quick. And the right dance of flavors. Stir-fried greens with sausage gets to point without a lot of fanfare and with a whole lotta yummy packed into each nutrient-rich morsel.
Really – only good things happen when you fry sausage and greens in the salty-sweet combo of fish sauce, coconut aminos, and sucanat. For a heartier meal, serve atop Yuca Plantain Flatbread (AIP) .
Stir-Fried Greens with Sausage (AIP)
- 4 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tbsp. coconut aminos
- 1 tsp. sucanat
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 lb AIP sausage
- 1 bunch broccolini, rapini, or broccoli
- 1 bunch kale
- 2 tbsp. bacon fat, or coconut oil
- In a small bowl, mix the fish sauce, coconut aminos, and sucanat. Mince the garlic.
- Heat a wok or large skillet over a high flame. Swirl in the oil. Add the sausage and use a wooden spoon to break the meat apart as it browns.
- Meanwhile, wash the broccolini and shake off excess water. Chop the stalks into 1-inch pieces and set aside. Chop the leaves into bite-size pieces. Rinse kale and chop into bite-sized pieces. Mince the garlic.
- When the sausage seems about halfway cooked, add the garlic to the pan and stir briefly.
- If the broccolini stalks are very thick, add them to the pan first, stirring for 1-2 minutes before adding the leaves and kale. Otherwise, add both stalks, leaves, and kale to the pan, followed by the sauce. Stir and toss the vegetables and sausage frequently until the leaves are wilted and the stalks are tender, about 3-5 minutes; serve.