Make lunch easy this week by cooking up these AIP compliant Greek chicken burgers ahead of time. Then you’ll have an easy protein to grab out of the fridge anytime you need – serve warm or cold wrapped in lettuce leaves.
If the ground chicken is a bit pricey at your store, purchase chicken thighs to make your own. Simply remove the skin and bones, then grind using a meat grinder or food processor.
Greek Chicken Burgers (AIP)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 green onions
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 15 oz frozen spinach
- 1 1/2 lb ground chicken
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tbsp. coarse sea salt
- Mince the garlic and chop the green onions.
- In a sauté pan heat coconut oil to medium heat. Add garlic and green onions and and sauté until for about 2 minutes to release the flavors. Do not let the garlic brown. Remove from heat.
- Ring out liquid from frozen spinach and mince.
- In a mixing bowl, combine garlic, onion, spinach, ground chicken, oregano, basil, and sea salt. Form into patties.
- Grill or sauté burgers on medium heat until cooked through (internal temperature should be a minimum of 160 degrees). Serve.