Simplicity reigns, always and forever. With this chicken avocado soup, you quickly get a sense that less is more. And a few key spices can bring out the best in your chicken.
Bright notes of cilantro, the sweet and sour combo of lime juice, and the fresh creamy flavor of avocado. It doesn’t take much.
Make sure to plan ahead and prep a batch of Basic Chicken Stock and Shredded Chicken If you’re using an Instant Pot, cook the chicken for 25 minutes, remove, and make your stock with chicken bones and apple cider vinegar for 30 minutes.
Chicken Avocado Soup (Instant Pot)
- 2 c cooked chicken
- 1 bunch green onion
- 6 cloves garlic
- 3 limes
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 qt chicken stock
- 1 tsp. coarse sea salt, plus more to taste
- 3 avocados
- 1 bunch cilantro
- Shred the chicken. Mince the green onions (keeping green and white parts separate) and garlic. Juice the limes.
- In the pressure cooker on sauté mode, heat olive oil over medium heat. Once hot, add white parts of green onions. Sauté until tender, about 2 minutes, adding garlic during last 30 seconds of sautéing. Add chicken stock and sea salt.
- Add shredded chicken. Close lid and pressure cook for 4 minutes.
- When done cooking, quick release pressure. Add lime juice. Adjust the seasoning.
- Peel, core and dice the avocados and chop the cilantro.
- Just before serving, stir in cilantro and greens of green onions. Top with avocados and serve.